Welcome to the Official Website of the Building Security Council
Enhancing Public Safety by Promoting Building Security
Security is always one of the critical aspects of running a business. While many professionals focus on physical security or security through architecture or engineering, a truly high-level security requires a professional to zero in on all aspects of security. As a result, the Building Security Council (BSC) was born.
The mission of the Building Security Council is to administer and maintain rating systems that enable building owners and operators to evaluate and improve the security of their facilities. Our vision is to enhance public safety by promoting building security.
The BSC goals include the following:
- To increase awareness and acceptance of design and operation criteria for building security
- To encourage innovation in building security
- To establish and maintain viable building security rating system
- To advocate security education by promoting certification of individuals
- To sustain the operations of the BSC through sound business practices
Over the years, many building owners and management companies have been asking us to recommend security companies in New York for them to use. Below we will list a few preferred firms who provide physical security guard services throughout NYC.
1460 Broadway New York, NY 1003
Security Guard Service
147 Prince St, Brooklyn, NY 11201
BSC Online Learning Center
The BSC Online Learning Center offers you a great opportunity to prepare for the certification exam, or just learn more about securing a facility. Through this online learning facility, you can join the seminar from the convenience of your home or office. The Online Learning Center features audio and PowerPoint presentations from all sessions from the most recent BSCP seminar: project process, risk assessment, site considerations, building envelope, interior space, facility operations, and the BSC rating system. Each session ranges from 90 to 120 minutes and includes the questions and answers from the sessions.
BSC Leadership Committee
- DannyHarris, Ph.D., P.E.
- Olivia Sanchez, AIA, BSCP, M.AEI
- Morrison Barber, Ph.D., P.E., M.ASCE, F.AEI
- Steve Pearson, CPP, BSCP
- Cynthia Smith, AIA, CCM, LEED AP
- Mark Davis, P.E., SECB, BSCP, Chair
- Jared Turner, Secretary/Treasurer